As a professional tour guiding organisation, See Southampton provides services with a personal touch: for individuals, groups and schools all year round.
The following is a list of some of our services we provide
- A regular programme of public walks each day through the spring, summer and into the autumn. To confirm days, times and topics please look at our calendar. Our Wednesday and Saturday evening Themed Walk, is always on a topic related to the month such as a Titanic walk in April, a Mayflower Walk in August and so on. In the winter a programme of public walks is provided only at weekends. Our public walks start by the Lions at the Bargate
- A welcome desk and information service at the City’s Cruise Terminals
- Walking tours specifically designed for cruise visitors with information available at the terminals on arrival
- Private bespoke walks at the request of individuals groups, clubs, associations, schools, colleges, employers etc. at very competitive prices
- A complementary programme of activities for business and conference visitors
- See Southampton offers a meet and greet service to assist with onward travel for people transferring to or from a ship or aeroplane in Southampton
- A ferry crossing and walking tour of Hythe and the New Forest
- Guided tours in French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian. We are also able to provide a translator for tours in Italian as well as other languages. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Excursions on Europe’s oldest still active passenger steamship, the “SS Shieldhall”
- Guided tours of Southampton’s museums which can also include a walk on a related theme such as Titanic
- A series of talks to groups on local topics both recent and historical
- A coach courier service
- A guided tour in a chauffeur driven*, fully licensed and insured vehicle for up to 8 people.
Our services are all conducted by highly qualified and fully insured See Southampton guides, so that you have the most informative, enjoyable and entertaining experience. Our tours usually last approximately one and a half to two hours but we are totally flexible in terms of timing and starting point so that we can adapt the tours according to your wishes.
*The Road Traffic Acts require that vehicles used for driver-guiding in Britain are insured for Private Hire use. In addition, all driver-guides in England and Wales must have Private Hire (PHV) driver and vehicle licences and all driver-guiding assignments must be handled by a licensed PHV operator. Users of driver-guide services must satisfy themselves that the legal insurance cover and licences are in place. In this context “user” shall include any person booking, hiring, being a passenger or acting as agent for another party.